Passport Destination 2
The second stop on your passport adventure is…
1pm, Sunday, November 18, 2012
Chase Bank Lobby
611 Woodward Ave
Detroit Chamber Winds & Strings presents Structurally Sound: Bits, Bytes & ‘Bones.
The Structurally Sound series presents chamber music in architecturally significant spaces with repertoire that relates to the space’s unique qualities. Bits, Bytes, and ‘Bones will feature trombonist Ken Thompkins and artists from Detroit’s international techno music world in a concert that mixes acoustic and electronically created music.
Enjoy a few “bits & bytes” of food at the techno-themed after-party directly following the performance. The after party will take place at Café Con Leche Del Este located at 1561 Lafayette Street. The cafe is a new pop-up coffee shop in Lafayette Park! MAP
The Qube building is the old National Bank of Detroit building, at 611 Woodward. The two nearest most convenient lots that advertise being open on Sunday are:
- 126 W. Congress, between Griswold and Shelby ($14 max – cash only)
- 525 Shelby, at Shelby and Larned ($10 flat rate – cash only)
These are both paved street lots, and they have a total of about 85 spaces. The nearest structure that is west of Woodward and advertised as open on Sunday is:
- Fort/Washington Garage, 645 Washington Blvd., just off of W. Fort Street, which is several blocks to the west. NOTE: It’s an easy walk, and it’s supposed to be a nice day! ($10 flat rate – cash and credit cards accepted)
The spaces listed above are all west of Woodward, which we have listed first because of the Lions game that is occurring tomorrow at Ford Field. There are several easy options that are close to the Qube and east of Woodward. These include:
- First National Garage NOTE: They list as 660 Woodward, but we think that is the entrance to the First National Building and thegarage is on the other side of the building. ($6 flat rate – cash and credit cards accepted)
- The Compuware Garage, located at 1188 Farmer Street ($20/day, hourly rate unknown – cash only)
***Reminder for Patron Passport Holders – you may park at the Compuware Garage and we will validate your ticket at the DP2A ticket table, so you will not have to pay.
Street parking is also available and is free on Sundays.
Wherever you park, we look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
AFTER PARTY: There is ample street parking available and a grocery store next door that is no longer open in which patrons may park. Parking is free here.
12:00 PM: Will Call opens in the Chase Bank Lobby (South Entrance)
1:00 PM: Bits, Bytes and ‘Bones Begins
3:00 PM: After-party begins at Cafe con Leche del Este, located at 1561 Lafayette Street.