How does it work?
Purchase your Passport
Choose a package that best meets your interest! The Passport is flexible, meaning that you don’t have to choose your events in advance.
You can check the status of your passport online using the link in your confirmation email. You will see your passport summary screen that shows which package you purchased and how many event tickets are remaining.
If you can’t find your confirmation email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you get your passport code.
Reserve your Passport Tickets
You must reserve your ticket for each event you will attend. DP2A will send a reservation email with all of the details about the event and the reservation deadline. There are two ways to reserve your ticket online.
- In the purchase confirmation email you received from DP2A, click on the Arts People link following the directive “To Use Your Pass.”
- On the page that pops up, hit “Continue.”
- Hover over the white area to the right of the destination you are reserving for. For example, hover over “Destination 1-Detroit Opera House” until a “Buy Tickets” button appears.
- On the next page, click on the link with the date – for example, the Opera House is “November 19, 2016 at 7:30 p.m.”
- Type in the number of tickets you are reserving. Hit “Continue.”
- You should get a pop-up box that asks if you want to sit with someone specific. Remember that seats at venues like the Detroit Opera House are not general seating, so please be specific about who you want to sit with. Then hit “Continue.”
- Your shopping cart should list Destination 1 on the right side. On the left side, login with your email address and the password you had set up when you originally bought the passport.
- Once you’re logged in, double check your customer information. Hit “Save and Continue.”
- Your total should say “$0.” Hit the blue button that says, “Complete Order.”
- You will get a confirmation email once the process is complete.
Purchase Single Tickets
Single tickets are available for all ages. These tickets will go on sale approximately 2 weeks before each event. A single ticket provides you with a ticket to the performance and after-party and access to any special passport holder perks.
Pick up your Tickets
DP2A Passport holders and single ticket buyers will pick their tickets up at a special DP2A will call table. You can find information about the details of the DP2A table on the Destination event page.
- You must reserve your ticket for each event using your assigned passport code. Our partner venues are only able to offer a limited number of tickets. If you do not reserve your ticket by the deadline, we may not be able to accommodate your reservation.
- We do our best to accommodate all seating requests, however we cannot guarantee group seating at all of the venues.
Got more questions about DP2A? We’ve got answers!
Do I have to commit to all six events?
Nope! This year we’re offering flex packages where you can choose your destination events based on your interests and schedule. Our packages range from 3 Destinations of your choice to all 6, to the Patron Passport level.
Can I buy single tickets for friends?
Absolutely. Single tickets will be available for each destination where you can bring friends who haven’t bought a passport yet. Single tickets will be available for purchase up to 2 weeks in advance of each destination, at which time you can order through our website or call us to reserve.
I’ve reserved my passport. Now what?
Please read the above section again called “Reserve your passport tickets.”
What do I wear?
Whatever suits your fancy. Our passport holders like to dress up for a night on the town, and that ranges from cocktail dresses and a suit and tie, to a nice top/shirt and jeans. For events like the opera and “Hollywood in Detroit,” passport holders tend to dress up more.
How old do I have to be to participate in DP2A?
Our target demographic is age 45 and under. The majority of the people you meet at DP2A events will be young professionals working and living in metro Detroit. However, if you are above the target age and are interested in being involved, email us and we can make it work for you!
What are Excursions?
Excursions are smaller, more intimate events for passport holders that are in addition to our six Destination events throughout the year. At the Excursions, we will explore smaller, lesser known, or up-and-coming venues and artists.
Is my passport transferable?
Yes! You are the passport owner, but you may give it to anyone of your choice. If you know you will miss a performance, you may transfer it to someone else. We encourage this!
What if I have to miss but I still want to see the show? Can I exchange?
At this time, exchange dates are not available to passport holders other than those who purchased a Patron Passport. Only Patron Passport holders are offered exchange dates. If you have any questions about our policy, please contact one of our Co-Directors, Amanda or Anne.
How do I find out more?
Check our website regularly to read up on each destination and the after-parties, and to purchase your passport online. You can also call our office at 248-559-2095 to talk to our staff or email us at email@example.com.